Sunday, 21 March 2010

Over.

I finished my last art project around Christmas time, so it is over and done with! I was looking at models who have found themselves in an unsuited environment, which clashed with the clothes they had on or the person themselves. I was greatly inspired by artist Tim Okamura, who works in america producing brilliant urban artwork, which is where the main spur of my inspiration occurred.

Tim Okamura, Fortis, 2009, Mixed Media on canvas


















I used my friend Chris as the model for this piece, as i found his expression suited the environment as well as the fact he was easiest to paint of my friends :) You can see he is wearing a suit jacket, contrasting with the mixed media background of ripped posters and splattered paint. I found painting this 8ft by 4ft painting incredibly challenging but i enjoyed it so much (made me feel like a professional artist WHOOP) and i hope you like what i have produced


















Sophie Clouston, Chris, Mixed media on canvas, 2009







Panoramic photo of our sixth form art conservatory

















Close up of the musical mixed media background, showing painting and collage


No comments:

Post a Comment